Plan to arrive in Ithaca between 1:00-3:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 13 for POST check-in. Directions/maps to Cornell. All participants will receive detailed check-in instructions upon confirmed registration.
If arriving before Sunday, students must arrange their own lodging and accommodations until registration begins on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
For hotel accomodations in Ithaca click here.
For transportation options to campus (i.e. from hotel to campus, airport to campus etc.) refer to the following links:
We understand that due to travel delays or logistics that not everyone can arrive between 1-3PM. If you will not be able to arrive during that time, provide details as needed in the Arrival and Travel Plans section in the registration form. If you do not have all of your travel details complete, you can communicate them to us at a later date. We are not able to accommodate arrivals after Sunday. We begin programming promptly after check-in ends.
If you have specific dietary needs or restrictions you MUST complete the appropriate questions on the POST Medical Form so that we can plan in advance for these with caterers and other vendors.
POST provides all meals once the program begins. Meals begin with dinner on Sunday, August 13.
- We encourage you to eat lunch before arriving for check-in.
- Note: Neither Cornell Dining Facilities nor the on-campus mini-grocery stores are open on Sunday, August 13.
- Since you will be in the community for this week, you may wish to bring a minimum of $20.00 cash for spending money in case your team decides to grab an ice cream or slice of pizza, or you see something else that you would like.
There are a variety of ways that you can choose to ship items to Cornell.
- Send things by UPS or USPS to your proper residence hall address, and have it mailed to arrive on or after August 18. Packages will arrive at the residence hall service center, where you can pick them up on move-in day (August 18). Please note that these are central mail locations, so mailing packages to your residence hall address does not mean it will arrive at your building.
- Big Red Shipping & Storage (BRSS) offers a pre-arrival delivery service that allows them to partner with Cornell Campus Life to receive your shipped items and have them delivered to your residence hall room and placed in your room pre-arrival. For specifics and costs visit: https://www.bigredboxes.com/
All trips will finish no later than 9:00 a.m. on Friday, August 18, at which time POST is officially over.
To plan the rest of your Friday, please review the newstudents.cornell.edu website for details on move-in and new student check-in.
Refer to the FAQs page.
Click here to register.